:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Fwd: Meshnets and Fr…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Philip Glover
A: System undo crew
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] Fwd: Meshnets and Freedom
Caleb,

I can't claim that I'm the strongest networking buff, but I'm glad to see
you're aware of the problems plaguing Morphle's competition. I've attached
a couple papers describing the SiliconSqueak hardware that makes our
switches different.

The key is that the "mesh" is taken all the way down to the silicon level.
Everything is performed with parallel processing, where memory is abundant
and compiler's are continually rewriting the microcode and bytecode to
execute on a many-core ring network. It's my understanding that this
enables us to provide hardware-level encryption and oblivious routing at
line-speeds. The switches aren't just switches, they are 60-core computers
capable of being connected together to create a distributed super-computer.

Our goal is for the homeowners to own the internet infrastructure
themselves, enabling them to create their own community-focused private
networks as well as negotiate for the best prices for traditional internet
services through internet exchanges.

Thank you for the wish of luck, perhaps we can discuss things further if
you don't see how our hardware solution gets us around the memory-hardness
and circuit-setup time bottleneck.

Cheers,
phil