:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Jacob Applebaum @ CC…
Author: Anthony D'Onofrio
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Jacob Applebaum @ CCC
The next generation of DACs and bounties will allow us to rapidly solve
these problems. We can create a bounty for things like this. We will be
able to raise money and create bounties within the scope of a DAC,
outsource the identification of both technical and non-technical vectors
for solving problems, and then the DAC will monetarily reward people for
building the required infrastructure and accomplishing goals initially set
forth by the DAC specification.

Most people only move so far as their revenue streams allow them. This will
allow large amounts of money to be crowdsourced and then spent on building
the necessary social, technological, and political infrastructure
necessary. All living in a decentralized cloud that leaves participants
blameless.

We may not be able to solve the problems with only technical solutions, but
we can create technical solutions which act as catalysts to solve the
problems as quickly and efficiently as possible. This being commonplace is
realistically less than 6 months out.

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Thomas Hartman <thomashartman1@???>wrote:

> Yup, win with technology alone is just a nerd fantasy.
> On Dec 30, 2013 2:15 PM, "Manfred Karrer" <mk@???> wrote:
>
>> Probably many of you have already seen that video of Jacob Applebaum at
>> the CCC:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0w36GAyZIA
>>
>> I was not so much suprised by many NSA activities we heard about in that
>> year, but that is really, really SHOCKING!
>>
>> That changes for me also the view I had about Bitcoins security. The NSA
>> can by 100% break the system if they want (they have 1000s of attack
>> vectors). I was not so sure about that before.
>> So as we cannot fix all the technical weaknesses leading to this digital
>> 1984 nightmare in what we are living, we certainly need to fight also on
>> the political side.
>> I was thinking before technology could just make old school politics or
>> power structures obsolete, but I am not so sure about that anymore. They
>> have created with the NSA a monster in the worst sense of that word, and to
>> beat them on the technological side seems to me naive (after I saw that
>> video).

Anthony D'Onofrio
iamtexture@???
501.681.3225
-
Chaos Collider - Dream. Design. Develop. Deploy.
http://www.chaoscollider.com
-
Peace.Love.Human.
http://www.peacelovehuman.org

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come
alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have
come alive." - Howard Thurman