:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Jacob Applebaum @ CC…
Author: Manfred Karrer
To: System undo crew
New-Topics: Re: [unSYSTEM] Jacob Applebaum @ CCC
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Jacob Applebaum @ CCC
I think the threat behind all this NSA spying is much more dangerous if you think of it as an attack scenario to the collective humanity rather then to an individuum.
There will be quantum computing (some say there are already some - in the TOR / NSA slides there has been mentioned quantum attacks) which will open a completely new dimension of computing.
Machine learning and artificial intelligence will become a powerful reality. So computing and data storage are not a problem anymore, what will be missing are the interfaces to the real world, to the human livings. And all that data getting collected now (NSA, "big data", google, facebook,...) could serve as an input to that. I think the individuum will not be the most interesting target, the collective human live is what they are spying on, and therefore statistical data of the masses is what they are collecting.
To feed these future quantum brains with data from human beeings will make them capable to make decisions which make sense to these human livings and manipulate them in completely other dimensions like we have today. Also we as the human beeings will make the physical world accessable for that digital realm.
We will get reduced to sensors of the real world for these computers.
And worse: That stuff is in secret control of some powerful people, the NSA.

Of course machine learning and artificial intelligence will come (far more powerful like whats possible today) and they need a kind of interface to the real world to be useful. But that process must be actively defined from the culture we want to live in.