:: Re: [Frei0r] [Mlt-devel] build erro…
Author: Dan Dennedy
To: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
Subject: Re: [Frei0r] [Mlt-devel] build error
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2013, Dan Dennedy wrote:
>
>> > I suggest we revert the last two commits (or simply delete them, since
>> > they are from head) and add autogen.sh plus documentation in INSTALL.
>>
>> No, that is not a corrective action; there is already already an
>> INSTALL and autogen.sh. I already explained what the options are.
>
> yes, I got confused. you are specifically addressing the fact that also
> configure should not be there, hence reverting those commits is not
> enough, we must fix the current situation. I'd go for your second option
> then.

ok, that's cool. I generally lean the way of no generated files in the
repo, but I thought you wanted it the other way, and I was trying to
respect that. :) I offer to revert my changes and address the other
generated files as well, but you mentioned something about deleting
the git commits. I do not know how to do that. If I simply reset the
HEAD a couple of commits then I have to force push because it is not a
fast-forward update. What should I do here?

> regarding the release: the tar.gz are supposed to have those generated
> files inside, so this fix won't affect the way stable releases are

correct

> packaged. nevertheless, we already agreed last year times are mature for
> a new release.
>
> BTW I don't see myself as a leader for the project, frei0r being a
> plugin framework so many people have contributed so far, I doubt there
> can really be a leader. there are different leaders at different times,
> depending from the activity and dedication, but then in the past 2 years
> your presence has been obviously the most important here.

well, I meant like release and infrastructure manager. At one point I
was hoping Marko was interested in taking more of a lead role since he
was contributing so much.