:: Re: [Frei0r] [Mlt-devel] build erro…
Author: Jaromil
To: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
Subject: Re: [Frei0r] [Mlt-devel] build error
On Fri, 11 Jan 2013, Dan Dennedy wrote:

> > I suggest we revert the last two commits (or simply delete them, since
> > they are from head) and add autogen.sh plus documentation in INSTALL.
>
> No, that is not a corrective action; there is already already an
> INSTALL and autogen.sh. I already explained what the options are.

yes, I got confused. you are specifically addressing the fact that also
configure should not be there, hence reverting those commits is not
enough, we must fix the current situation. I'd go for your second option
then.

regarding the release: the tar.gz are supposed to have those generated
files inside, so this fix won't affect the way stable releases are
packaged. nevertheless, we already agreed last year times are mature for
a new release.

BTW I don't see myself as a leader for the project, frei0r being a
plugin framework so many people have contributed so far, I doubt there
can really be a leader. there are different leaders at different times,
depending from the activity and dedication, but then in the past 2 years
your presence has been obviously the most important here.

ciao