:: Re: [Bricolabs] storing electricity…
Author: jhopkins
To: bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] storing electricity in air compressors???
On 8/11/12 11:57, Atteqa Malik wrote:
> Here in Karachi, my husband is experimenting with ways to make an HHO
> generator that converts water to hydrogen and oxygen. Release the oxygen to
> the atmostphere and save the hydrogen in a tank to be used as fuel to run a
> car or generator. Has anyone conducted any experiments on this? would love
> to get some feedback

Just PLEASE be careful! -- hydrogen is incredibly explosive (the
Hindenberg!!) This is one of the problems with Hydrogen usage -- is how
to handle it safely... You can try a simple experiment to demonstrate
this to yourself: Get some kind of glass laboratory flask that has one
vent pipe. Take some drain cleaner and 1/2 fill the flask, put a
wadded-up piece of aluminum foil into it and plug all openings except
for one. Put a balloon over that last single vent tightly, and watch the
stuff bubble away, making hydrogen. Please wear safety glasses and to
this outside. Once the balloon is full, tie it off and with a small
piece of tape, attach a length of maybe 6 single-ply toilet paper (it's
got to be light)... hold the balloon up, light the bottom of the toilet
paper and let the balloon go... as soon as the flame gets to the balloon
you should experience quite a dramatic fireball -- the Hindenberg
Effect, so to speak... impress your friends, frighten your enemies ;-)

jh

John Hopkins
Watching the Tao rather than watching the Dow!
http://neoscenes.net/
http://tech-no-mad.net/blog/