:: Re: [Frei0r] In the works...
Author: Jaromil
To: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
New-Topics: [Frei0r] debianize it -- was Re: In the works...
Subject: Re: [Frei0r] In the works...

thanks for the update IOhannes,

I find it very sad to see how Debian is going: definitely the multimedia
part of it is not well curated and I think its quite dangerous that Ubuntu
relies uniquely on it, for instance every time I've asked to update the
frei0r package in Ubuntu I've been sent to Debian, which is unresponsive
and doesn't provides facilities to test builds (unlike launchpad)

any help to network on that front is highly appreciated

this is the ridicolous situation where we are now
http://oswatershed.org/pkg/frei0r-plugins

ridicolous also considering frei0r has an important (and trivial) bugfix
on path usage for opencv made years ago and that is not incorporated.

in the past months i've subscribed a number of debian mailinglist without
much results besides the chaos in my inbox and the apparent impossibility
to unsubscribe them now. I've also tried to interact with other maintainers
which are alway too busy to react.

don't get me wrong, I love debian on servers and I'm an avid user of emdebian
for cross-compiling tasks, but I think this way it is loosing a lot of ground
on the desktop and again the worst is that the most popular desktop distro of
GNU/Linux, namely Ubuntu, relies solely on Debian's package inclusion process

ciao