:: Re: [Bricolabs] Open Space Aarhus o…
Author: Atteqa Malik
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Open Space Aarhus opens its doors
Yes thanks Carsten
My son and I enjoyed the visit
And it was an experience for the Danish teacher too who came with us.She
lives and teach in the same city.I enjoyed the experience of connecting 2
sides of my Danish experience one related to high school teachers and the
other to hackers in the same space that afternoon

On Thursday, June 7, 2012, Carsten Agger <agger@???> wrote:
> Well, this is in fact nothing new.
>
> Some weeks ago, Atteqa Malik whom you know from this list visited us in

our hackerspace Open Space Aarhus (OSAA) in Aarhus, Denmark, and saw the
premises.

> The Web address is http://osaa.dk, but all content is in Danish.
>
> Here's an old article I wrote about it, also in Danish, but with nice

pics:

> http://www.faklen.dk/artikler/agger10-05.php
>

> This weekend, we had our annual general assembly, and I was elected to

the board. Since I applaud the purpose of the Brico project and see it as
related to our modes efforts to create a space for free technology in
Aarhus, I'd like to remind everyone that you're welcome to drop by if one
day you happen to pass by Aarhus.

> The hackerspace is basically 277 m² in a basement in an old industrial

building, equipped with recycled computers, whiteboard and a lot of
electronics stuff. Everything is very DYI. It is funded (i.e., rent is
paid) entirely through membership payments from our 65 paying members. A
few sponsor contributions have been spent on nice equipment, but they don't
sustain us.

> There's a "Tuesday hack" session every Tuesday, usually "minihack" on

Thursdays (where people drop by, work and have some food). Each Wednesday,
a small group called "hacking for humanity" meet and hack on free software
projects they hope could be beneficial to people in general. The last
Monday in each month (restarting August), there's an FSFE Fellowship
Meeting, where we discuss how to further the cause of free software in
Denmark.

> The first Tuesday in every month there's Tech Talk Tuesday, where 4-6

people give talks about exciting technical subjects or just plain cool
stuff they did. Once more, if you're going to be in Aarhus and did
something you'd like to tell people about, you'd be very welcome to do a
lightning talk (15 minutes) or possibly keynote (20-30 minutes about it). I
think many Bricos have done things we'd like to hear about. :-)

> I think my inclusion in the board will mean a streak of something a bit

less technical and a bit more panhumanist, but there are six tech-minded
people on the board to keep us focused. But this mail is mainly to inform
people that there's a place for tech-minded Bricos in Aarhus, if you ever
happen to pass by.