:: [Bricolabs] Alternatives to money
Author: Carsten Agger
To: brico
Subject: [Bricolabs] Alternatives to money
This First of May, I was reminded of the old poem by D.H. Lawrence:

KILL MONEY

Kill money, put money out of existence.
It is a perverted instinct, a hidden thought
which rots the brain, the blood, the bones, the stones, the soul.

Make up your mind about it:
that society must establish itself upon a different principle
from the one we've got now.

We must have the courage of mutual trust.
We must have the modesty of simple living.
And the individual must have his house, food and fire all free like a
bird

And this again reminds me of the efforts to create collaborative and
decentralized replacements for money, which could be used to create
societies with the basic solidarity that all citizens will have the
right to a dignified life - i.e., "house, food and fire" a Lawrence puts
it. We can only dream, maybe some day some of our dreams will come true.

br
Carsten