:: Re: [Bricolabs] Even "The Powers Th…
Author: Mr.Paw
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Even "The Powers That Be" are starting to Think What the >
@John Hopkins

Let me refresh your memory. You were the offender, when starting a
personal attack. I responded in a way that made It clear that I didnt see
the point in crossing swords just because you think my language skills are
not up to your standard, or you somehow think you have the right to be
policing if someone uses a tone that dont mix well with your morning
coffee.

So goodbye Bricolabs. Interesting group of people and interesting content.
If I can teach you
anything on my exit, It would be that if you feel offended or provoked,
maybe Its because something interesting is happening. If the goal is a
group of people where everyone agrees, well.. whats the point of that ? So
you all agree! Amazing, but pointless.
But since I didnt get kicked all the way out yet, I guess some of you
suspect there could be a reason why we should´nt kick everyone with
different opinions from the internet, because when Its all over there will
be no one left, but the ones who are not capable of independent thought.
Im not that young anymore, so i remember a time where behavior from the
real world was ported to the WWW. Very interesting transition, and a time
that wont come around again. Then after that the tendency was to port the
cyber mentality to the real world. Also interesting, but in many ways far
more dangerous and damaging.
If your opinions and the following expressions are solely based on
situations where you sitting safely behind a screen, you can end up with
some scary views.
Like in this example where you (JH) are completely intolerant. Maybe If we
met IRL you would think "okay.. I dont agree with this guy, but I can ask
him some tricky questions". That would be useful situation for both of us.
But here in cyperspace, you chose the path of the ignorant coward (not
really.. because you play your cards carefully).
What is the point of communication If we all agree ? We can all live in an
Amish community then, because that would rule out any reason to discuss
anything, and we could all go work in the fields without asking questions,
because we all live by the same book.
Typical today is the sort of unisex cant-we-all-just-get-along vomit,
ending up being a sort of brainwash cultural guidebook so we whipe out
independent thought entirely.
Step one of the that process is the destruction of cultures and
differences. Thanks to the EU for doing such a great job.

"Well, it's my hope that brico hasn't been invaded by a troll, that would
be a shame, but so far, I see evidence that this is perhaps the case... "
hahaha... you seriously need help :D You use the word "hope" to play on
other people fear of being invaded. The rest is weak, to make It clear
that YOU are not the aggressor. All in all a nice play, and It shows you
have language skills, and you know how to manipulate people. But Its
really just 101 stuff, and im not all that impressed. But still, It gets
the job done, so I will respect you for the use of the old
the-weak-must-stand-together-against-evil card.

I dont need a win here in any way. Actually I think this has been taking
up way too much space already, but still .. I think there is an important
lesson to be learned from a situation like this. Because aggression and
violation can have many faces. Like when students and young people so
often get brutalized by police forces around the world, It often easy to
make It clear that the young people are a threat to society, because
grownups use grownup language, and It just seems that they know best
because they seem calm and well educated.
yes.. I have a direct aggressive nature, which has saved my life on more
than one occasion. John Hopkins uses a more suttle type of aggression.
Differences in personality and life experiences, but still... aggression!

Now.. where It gets a bit confusing is when I read a page like this:
http://www.neoscenes.net/images/ghs76/index.html
and this
http://www.neoscenes.net/travelog/weblog.php
So.. There is a very diffent John Hopkins. Interesting, with world
experience, creative powers, and the will to go the distance. We even have
things in common, no matter how unpleasant that must sound to you.
So chances are we would get along fine in the real world, IF you can
tolerate my poor language skills.
In 2 weeks I will be in Stockholm with my Nikon and some rolls of Tri-x.
But I guess a taste for the real world and photography is not enough to
have in common. Its a start though, and in time we can even have
conversations (short ones with plenty of breaks).

So.. the little prince and the fox. I guess you remember that story. And
why do I bring that up ? Because Its a good example of what went wrong
here. Especially the part with roses. IF you havent "tamed" any the roses,
all the roses mean nothing and look the same.
well.. I decided to make a cup of coffee and find out more about THE
BEAUTIFUL John Hopkins.
What did you decide ?

Goodbye Bricolabs. Thanks for some interesting input.