:: Re: [Bricolabs] Even "The Powers Th…
Author: John Hopkins
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Even "The Powers That Be" are starting to Think Brico...
Mr. Paw --

> But since I have lived in 2 worlds. The eastern and the western, I am convinced
> that most westerners are willing to lose a few legs and arms if they can avoid
> what you are talking about. Because... when boiling It down It sounds like
> smaller cars, "green IT" and in general... planning for the future. Sounds great
> when you are buying a cup of fucking Baresso fairtrade nigga-sweat, but less
> pleasent when you have to ride the bus along with working class scum and muslims.
> Who was that chick someone linked to here recently ? well.. she wrote something

snip ...

> There is an expo here in Aarhus the 11th at the towns hall (Aropia). Well.. Its
> kinda ironic to present ideas for the future to the people who dont really give
> a fuck as long as they get to keep they cars and houses.

I don't know about anyone else on this list, but I find your language -- some
kind of wannabe learned-from-television fake North Amurikan slang -- quite
offensive -- you should be aware that imitating language you have picked up from
mediated realities may indeed not be what you think it is. Especially when you
are using it among a group of people who come from a wide variety of background,
cultures, and social groupings.

I have been to Aarhus a number of times, and never found people speaking as you
do. I find this quite curious.

jh

John Hopkins
Watching the Tao rather than watching the Dow!
http://neoscenes.net/
http://tech-no-mad.net/blog/