:: Re: [Bricolabs] Eu-rope
Author: kiilo
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Eu-rope
Hi Adam,

there is a half backed excuse now on their website:
http://ec.europa.eu/enlargement/index_en.htm

      Statement on the recent video clip released by DG Enlargement
      <http://ec.europa.eu/enlargement/press_corner/whatsnew/news/120306_en.htm>

06/03/2012 We have received a lot of feedback on our latest video clip,
including from people concerned about the message it was sending. It was
a viral clip targeting, through social networks and new media, a young
audience (16-24) who understand the plots and themes of martial arts
films and video games. The reactions of these target audiences to the
clip have in fact been positive, as had those of the focus groups on
whom the concept had been tested. The clip featured typical characters
for the martial arts genre: kung fu, capoeira and kalaripayattu masters;
it started with demonstration of their skills and ended with all
characters showing their mutual respect, concluding in a position of
peace and harmony. The genre was chosen to attract young people and to
raise their curiosity on an important EU policy. The clip was absolutely
not intended to be racist and we obviously regret that it has been
perceived in this way. We apologise to anyone who may have felt
offended. Given these controversies, we have decided to stop the
campaign immediately and to withdraw the video. Stefano Sannino,
Director General of DG Enlargement

intressting Focus Groups - What do they think of identification products
by design? Not by good politics?

wish you well
greets from Montreal
(kiilo) Tobias