:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dudas: Live dvd, i…
Author: Holger Beetz
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dudas: Live dvd, instalación Frugal, Docking.
Oh, yes...there I another option I forgot to mention:
You can simply generate an empty raw file on any mounted partition
(e.g. NTFS), mount it via loop-back and generate a filesystem on it.

This "HDD image" will behave similar to any attach raw device.

Anyone interested might have a look here:
http://freecode.com/articles/virtual-filesystem-building-a-linux-filesystem-from-an-ordinary-file

or simply search for: "mount file as block device linux" :)