:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dudas: Live dvd, i…
Author: Holger Beetz
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dudas: Live dvd, instalación Frugal, Docking.
To my best understanding dynebolic as LiveCD should be pretty much
everything similar to a real installed Linux unless you require to
access bigger files which reside on a physical storage device (USB,
HDD, etc).

So for your purpose you could either use a separate folder on the
Windows HDD and access it via NTFS-3G driver, use a persistent overlay
file which is stored on your windows partition or may be your files
stored on a USB stick.

In other words: Live mode should work for you fine if you can read the
files you need to access / modify from an external filesystem. This
applies to editing videos via cinerella or streaming anything.

If you do not need super-duper fast writing speed and/or big storage
space, pretty much any decent USB2.0 stick will do fine for both
installing any Linux distribution or simply storing your files.

The original setup of the Windows PC is then not touched by any means.
I for one run Debian 6.0 on my Main Windows PC from a simple 8GB USB
stick and it works like a charm.

HTH,
Holger