:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic Installa…
Author: Holger Beetz
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic Installation Hard Drive Problems
Hey Nicolas,

as already indicated dyne:bolic is currently work in progress.

The main focus of dyne:bolic is providing a full-featured free Linux
distribution which includes pretty much everything for expressing
yourself, being creative or simply do your daily business on a
computer which is not your own.

Similar to Knoppix the main focus is being a live distro.

IMO doing a true dyne:bolic HDD install is somewhat pointless, since
we have a pretty much basic Debian installation on your HDD. It might
be a smarter approach to evaluate one of the other Debian
distributions out there. Debian itself works also nicely and has a
fine graphical installer since 6.0. Other nice option include (but
arte not limited to): Kanotix, Aptosid, Crunchbang. Personally I
always found Ubuntu the nicest entry level distribution but honestly I
dislike Unity. So for a classical desktop which installs easy I would
either choose Xubuntu or Vanilla Debian 6.0 with Gnome2. Oh, yes, and
there is also Trisquel. They have a nice looking desktop based on
Gnome2 and look very polished.

HTH,
Holger