:: [dyne:bolic] PCI Codes of VGA Cards…
Author: Holger Beetz
To: dynebolic
Subject: [dyne:bolic] PCI Codes of VGA Cards -> please complete
Hi list,

I have added the lspci codes from the available graphic adapters I have below.

Please do a "lspci | grep VGA" on your system and attach the PCI
string plus graphic adapter to the list below.

@jaromil:
The NVidia-based cards should most likely with the Noveau. ATI-based
cards work pretty fine with the radeon.

For NVidia it would be interesting to have also newer cards (e.g.
Fermi-based) in the list. I have no clue though how Noveau works with
newer cards. At least the older cards I have work quite nicely.

Best regards,
Holger

ATI/AMD-based cards:
PCIe ATI X1650 Adapter / 256 MB:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV535 [Radeon
X1650 Series] (rev 9e)

NVIDIA-based cards:
AGP GeForce 6600GT / 256 MB
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce
6600 GT] (rev a2)

PCIe GeForce 8600GT / 256 MB
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G84 [GeForce
8600 GT] (rev a1)

PCIe GeForce 9500GT / 1GB
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G96 [GeForce
9500 GT] (rev a1)

PCIe GeForce 9800GT / 512 MB
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G92 [GeForce
9800 GT] (rev a2)