:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Questions on dyne:…
Author: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Questions on dyne:III, installing to HDD and nesting
On Wed, 07 Dec 2011, Holger Beetz wrote:

> One question:
> When can we expect the next beta of dyne ?

I'm not sure yet if it will a beta, after this last one I'm determined
to start a steady road of development for features still missing (easy
modules, nesting, docking, documentation) and it might just line up in
a series of 3.x.x releases.

However I can realistically say it will be there during february.
Maybe even before.

> I can do a crosscheck for the noveau driver on my different PCs
> (GeForce 6600GT / 8600GT / 9500GT / 9800GT) and confirm how well 3D
> acceleration works :)

That might help. but please use the linux-libre kernel.

We still lack a boot script that parses the VGA card entry in lspci
and adapts the xorg.conf to use the best driver, as for instance
fallback to 'fbdev' if the specific card's driver doesn't support it.

in case you do such tests be sure to note down the output of this
command 'lspci | grep VGA' in order to identify the card.

thanks,
ciao

--
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39