:: Re: [dyne:bolic] how to customize t…
Author: sayhi2guy@tiscali.co.uk
To: dynebolic
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] how to customize the application menu?
Hi
I would seriously consider bailing out of Gnome the way things are
going. Xfce is highly customisable. Also worth a serious look is LXDE
& the Lubuntu version of Ubuntu that uses this, which uses far less
memory: this is probably what I will use when my current Ubuntu LTS
install reaches end of support.

Sorry if this sounds a bit grim so
far into beta, but may it be less work than forking something.
cheers

43
>To: "dynebolic mailinglist"<dynebolic@???>
>Subj: [dyne:

bolic] how to customize the application menu?

>re all,
>
>an open

question, hope someone has an answer: as Guy noticed in a
>previous

mail, since we switched to Gnome the menu became quite
>unusable. The

Video section for instance is too big and more in
>general the way it

is organized is worst than what we had before in
>dyne:bolic before.
>

>i've looked into .desktop files organization and realized that in

>Gnome 2 and "thanks" to the freedesktop standard, we are not free to

>customize the organization of the desktop menu... absurd!
>
>am i

wrong here, or does somoene knows the solution to this riddle?

>are

we forced to change panel? should we modify / fork the Gnome
>panel?!

is there already someone doing that??

>ciao
>

>--