:: [dyne:bolic] how to customize the a…
Author: Jaromil
Subject: [dyne:bolic] how to customize the application menu?

re all,

an open question, hope someone has an answer: as Guy noticed in a
previous mail, since we switched to Gnome the menu became quite
unusable. The Video section for instance is too big and more in
general the way it is organized is worst than what we had before in
dyne:bolic before.

i've looked into .desktop files organization and realized that in
Gnome 2 and "thanks" to the freedesktop standard, we are not free to
customize the organization of the desktop menu... absurd!

am i wrong here, or does somoene knows the solution to this riddle?

are we forced to change panel? should we modify / fork the Gnome
panel?! is there already someone doing that??

ciao

--
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39