:: Re: [dyne:bolic] guitar tuner?
Author: sayhi2guy@tiscali.co.uk
To: dynebolic
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] guitar tuner?

30
>To: <dynebolic@???>
>Subj: [dyne:bolic] guitar tuner?
>

>Hi,
>
>I have found dynebolic to be quite useful/helpful and fun.

With one
>exception; there is no guitar tuner.
>
>~  http://www.oocities.org/harpin_floh/kguitune_page.html    ~

currently have a old computer running a dynebolic nest and installation

>without an internet connection. So I havn't been able to install a

guitar
>tuner.
>
>       --- because of inexperience I am unlikely to

succeed quickly with
>            the installation ( dependencies and

whatnot)

>I am really not that concerned about my out of tune

guitar... but I do
>like to tune it sometimes.. Funny thing, it sounds

better *honestly

>It does create a distinct sound and it is hard to

work with though.

>anyway; I thought dynebolic would benefit from a

tuner and I have found

>gtkguitune to be a very good tuner in the

past.

>Thanks for your attention,
>
>a5'
>

>PS hope this isn't the

second time I'm sending this. apologies!

Hi

D:B uses the old
slackware tgz packages. If you can get one for your app & transfer it
with removable media you can install it from a terminal with the
command

installpkg insert_packagename.tgz

If you get a deb package
or an rpm you could try converting it with the command

alien -t
insert_packagename.deb

to make a slackware package first.

fmit is
also a good tuner - though these days my fx unit has one built in so I
tend to just use that. MP3's of the string pitches is a good distro
agnostic way to go, if your ears are up to it. I agree tuning is
important - If you don't tune for that 1st take you are in trouble
trying to tune the others to it.

hope this helps
Guy