:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Hi there
Author: jaromil
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Hi there

hi Ch,

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 01:07:42AM +0000, Ch m wrote:
> my type of wireless network is wpa-psk

i think that's it. d:b 2.5.2 is too old to work on wpa-psk.
if you switch to WEP, it works using iwconfig (man iwconfig)

in detail: at the time the last dyne:bolic was released WPA-PSK was a
new thing and there isn't any graphical interface to the use of the
daemon called "wpa_supplicant" which should handle the authentication
method. in fact the bare daemon is inside, but as i recall it is even
an old version which contains bugs even when used from commandline.

indeed we need an update. we have left the 2.6 behind at the moment.

thanks to all those who responded already with donations.
if it goes so well, we can have dyne:III next year.

smoke signals are spreading the word across the valleys

ciao :)

- --
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org

GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39