:: Re: [dyne:bolic] New User
Author: Carsten Agger
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] New User
> a personal finance program comparable to Quicken ...

Until recently, I never used a finance program because I used to have a
job and without being rich didn't really worry too much about making
ends meet ... then I became unemployed, and harsh realities like
rent-paying demand a higher level of control.

So I've taken to tracking my finances with Gnucash. It's free software,
available for GNU/Linux systems like d:b, it's very easy to use, and it
will import Quicken files. Gnucash differs from quicken in that it's
really a double entry accounting system but I don't think that'll be a
problem. I find it very convenient to track my finances, at least.