:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Can't connect to J…
Author: kaffer@freemail.hu
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Can't connect to Jack
rocko,

in jack for input and output you must specify audio card not midi. Midi
in and outs recognized automatically. If it doesn't show up in midi
window then try to replug the device. After 2 sec there will it be...

If you have a composite device - midi and audio - than first try to
replug it, sometimes only midi comes online from a composite card. Try
the '>' button to see if your card is online. You should see a list of
acessible alsa cards. Important thing is that you must not use a program
if it is using alsa directly, because jact can't connect to it because
it sees it reserved.
The other thing is that you must specify a sample rate in qjackctl - the
setup window - that your card is supported. Most USB 2.0 devices working
best with priority 4, 256 frames/period, 44100 or 48000 sample rate -
Behriger works with mostly 48000 better - and periods per buffer is 3.
In other cases for me jack locks up or even doesn't start. If you have a
slow PC - <2Ghz with 1 processor - that is usually not enough. If you
have a dual core 2 Ghz that it should be valued for a 1Ghz one for jack,
because current jack version in dyne 2 doesn't support multiprocessor.

hope this can help you