:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Ardour2 memory loc…
Author: kaffer@freemail.hu
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Ardour2 memory lock issues
Tyler,

The cause the stopping is really that your disk doesn't write fast
enough. I have used Ardour to record from usb soundcards for a long time
- 8 hours of a session, 4 channels - and if I wanted to use the built
in HDD with NTFS on it it stopped because it can't write fast enough. I
haven't tried to set the memlimit, because I haven't need that, it is
just a warnig. Maybe if you use 32 ch and filled with real-time effects
you probably need that...

In some cases dyne at booting the correct DMA setting not recognised for
IDE HDD-s.
try to add ide=66 or ide=100 at the boot menu to kernel parameters.