:: [dyne:bolic] Compiling csound 5.08
Author: Ricardo
To: dynebolic
Subject: [dyne:bolic] Compiling csound 5.08
Hi all,

     I'm trying to create a dyne module with the latest csound version.
I know there are pure:dyne modules for it, but I only found one for
csound 5.05 beta.  It's not a big deal, but since  the pure:dyne folks
seem to be abandoning dyne and moving to debian, I decided to learn how
to create more complex dyne modules on my own. Ok, I created the csound
module directory inside SDK, created a VERSION file, bin lib, mounted it
with dynesdk and tiped 'source /boot/dynenv.modules'. Now, following the
instructions found at
http://csounds.com/manual/html/BuildingCsound.html, I downloaded many
needed libraries (among them libsndfile, boost, fltk, portaudio,
portmidi etc.) and compiled and installed one by one with
'--prefix=/opt/csound'. After doing that I run inside csound5 'scons
PREFIX=/opt/csound -h' or 'scons -h' to check if all is right, but it
complains it can't find many libraries, exactly those ones I've just
installed. So I guess it's not finding the libraries in /opt/csound/lib.
I set $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and $PKG_CONFIG_PATH to the right paths and
nothing. Also found a file inside the csound5 directory called
custom.py, I set there customLIBPATH = ['/opt/csound/lib'] and tried
other changes but still got no results. I'm not very experienced in
compiling things by hand, so I think I'm just doing something wrong
here. Any suggestions?

             Thanks in advance,

                  Ricardo