:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Read only filesyst…
Author: Mike Webb
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Read only filesystem?
On 10/12/2007, Matt Grice <mcjgrice@???> wrote:
> Since the last update of Dyne:Bolic, I'm getting a lot of 'read-only
> filesystem' type errors. Before 2.5.2, I could install NVIDIA kernel
> drivers and Firefox/Thunderbird extensions and they would be overlaid
> over the filesystem form my nest. Now, it appears that I cannot write to
> the filesystem so cannot install extensions such as enigmail.

(snip)

You might try running fsck on the appropriate partitions. Most of my
system is still in FAT32 partitions, and I get that kind of message if
one of them gets corrupted (doesn't have to be a big corruption--any
li'l ole thing will trigger it). Since I haven't mastered the fine art
of running fsck, I reboot to Windows and run ScanDisk or Norton Disk
Doctor on the offending partition. Partition works fine after that.

HTH.