:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Shell Scripts and …
Author: Guy
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Shell Scripts and File Permissions
Mike Webb wrote:

>Similar problems occur when I attempt to install some software
>packages, apparently mostly RPMs. I get a flurry of messages about
>being unable to save with proper permissions, and the program doesn't
>run.
>
>Hi

You can change rpm's to slackware packages with the alien command &
install those. As only the nest is preserved on reboot you will have to
re-install again: if this involves several packages keep them in the
same folder & use 'installpkg *.tgz' to avoid extra effort.

To keep software between reboots they either need to be installed to the
nest or you need to make your own d:b module. As a rule d:b is pretty
good at compiling from source. There is plenty of stuff on the website
& wiki about modules.

regards

Guy