:: Re: [dyne:bolic] kernel module load…
Author: G_P
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] kernel module loading in a dyne module
David Wood wrote:
> I've been trying to get a dyne module together to load
> nvidia drivers for me, so that I can get my tv-out
> running as I want it to... I'd rather like to do it as
> a module as I'd then be able to redistribute it, and
> save others any leg-work, not to mention re-use it on
> my own machines.
>
> I've got the bin and library files loading ok, but my
> kernel module isn't being loaded. The dev
> documentation suggests that I can write a rc script
> and drop that into the /etc folder of my module, and
> force loadmod to load my kernel module at startup.
> Does anyone have any examples of this?
>
> I'm guessing that it involves writing a script to
> basically say "loadmod MYMODULENAME.ko " but, I'm not
> sure what the path to my module will be when the dyne
> module containing it gets loaded. The kernel module
> itself is in the root of the /kernel folder of the
> dyne module i'm building.
>
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

I know that when you add a new module to the the system you should
update the systems list of modules with depmod -a. If you do this I
don't think you need to worry about the path to the module. I suspect
the module should be in /lib/modules -check 'man depmod' for more. I've
never done this on Dyne so this may not apply but that is what I would
try next.

Guy