:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Firewall?
Author: G_P
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Firewall?
jaromil wrote:

> hi Guy,
>
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 02:25:12AM +0100, G_P wrote:
>
>> I usually use guarddog firewall. I can get the source code to compile
>>

> wow, i can tell you are delivering us quite some good pointers and
> suggestions, thanks for joining and contributing to the discussions here
> :)
>
> i've never heard before of guarddog, actually i was struggling with
> firestarter to have it compiled without gnome, but no success so far.
>
> be sure guarddog will be included by default in the next version!
>
> ciao

Hi Jaromil

Thank you for the kind words (& of course for dyne:bolic).

If you can get guarddog to complete the 'make install' process please
could you let me know how, I would be very interested to know, it is
beyond me.

I had though about doing something on the wiki about using Slackware
packages on dyne:bolic. They work very well ( because you both follow
the KISS ideal?). Sometimes they provide a quick fix when I need
something. They are also useful for testing software on d:b before
trying to build a module. Would this page be welcome or do you think it
is a bad idea?

Best Wishes

Guy