:: [dyne:bolic] dynebolic/puredyne alm…
Author: Rene Christen
To: dynebolic
Subject: [dyne:bolic] dynebolic/puredyne almost work on mac
hi all,

i just got my hands on a macbook pro and am very excited to play with
dynebolic again - haven't had a chance to look at it in some months
but looks like things have come a long way - i'm especially excited
about pure:dyne.

i set up an ext3 partition on my mac, planning to run it from hard
disk but keep using the CD to launch if for now. but neither
pure:dyne 2.3.52 or dynebolic 2.4.2 could load the x server. seems it
detected the correct ati card but couldn't detect the screen. running
'xpstat' gave me "no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable"

the funny thing is that i copied pure:dyne to the hard disk, then if
I boot from dynebolic, get it to upgrade the installation on the hard
disk, and then boot the hard disk install it works and i have X in
pure:dyne (pretty temperamental but it works)!

i'm no linux expert and am not sure what to do about this but i am
happy to help out if there is anything i can do to get the
development team more information, or if there's any adjustments i
can make to config to try things out i'd be more than happy to. also
happy to download a lot of stuff if need be

i'm really excited to get this working well - to me it's the one
great benefit of mac switching to intel!

cheers,
rene.