:: [dyne:bolic] [Fwd: 2.4.2 RT61pci w…
Author: Alberto Santos Bellido
To: dynebolic
Subject: [dyne:bolic] [Fwd: 2.4.2 RT61pci wireless card.]
Hello team,

Pardon my ignorance but I've been trying to make the wireless card
mentioned above work, but after going through everything I could find
about it, still can not get online.

I run through all the iwconfig, iwpriv, ifconfig, commands that seemed
relevant to no avail.

The RT61 module is loaded as lsmod shows. the wireless manager shows the
interface as ra0.
After running through the iwconfig/iwpriv commands the wireless manager
shows:

Actual Wifi Network
Adapter: ra0
ESSID: <my ESSID>
AP MAC: <nothing here>
Speed: 54Mb/s
Quality: 98/100
S/N: -39dbm

Wifi Interface
State: Down
IPaddr: <nothing here>
Netmask: <nothing here>
Router: <nothing here>
DNS: 208.67.222.222
TX/Rx: 0.0/0.0

But when I try to run dhcpcd ra0 I get: zsh: 7902 exit 1

When I get back to the Kwifiselector I do get for a moment the MAC
address of the interface and a list of available networks where I can
choose mine.

When I do and set all the parameters and try to connect I fail to get an
ip.

Since Dyne can "see" the interface and the AP is associated even if it
is just for a brief moment I don't know how to go about fixing this.

If anybody has had any experience with this it be of great help, I'm
running out of trial and error moves...

Thanks

a.