:: Re: [dyne:bolic] dans dyne wish lis…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: jaromil
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Nouveaux-sujets: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne wish list
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] dans dyne wish list
On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 05:18:01AM -0700, Dan MacDonald wrote:
> Hi Jaromil!
>
> Good to finally get a response - I was getting worried something
> might've happened to you :)

don't worry, in italy they use to say "vendero' cara la pelle"
which means something like i'll sell my skin at a very high price :)

> Am I reading this correctly in that you're basically saying that 2.4.2
> is the last release of dyne and all we're going to see now is updates
> in the form of modules?

it's not all correct: i'll keep maintaining the CORE of the dyne:OS,
supporting version 2, while i'm already planning the version 3

it means i'll release updates for the dyne.sys and mostly for the
initrd.gz and all related scripts; but i will leave to this community
the task of updating and organizing the software modules.
i will also be busy in setting up more distributed services (publishing
modules for instance) to facilitate all that, using dyne.org servers.

in case there will be an hacker willing to seriously take up the task of
mantaining and updating software modules there might be even some
support from the dyne.org foundation: i'm active in looking for funding
for the purpose, so that someone can be properly motivated (also with
money, if needed) to take up a task that i cannot carry anymore alone.

problem is that so far we had very little funding and no consistent
donations, so i'm donating my own money earned with little jobs and
workshops on d:b to pay someone that can do what i cannot do anymore.

anyway, i'll make sure that money is not the main motivation for it, as
it is something else that keeps on moving us ;)

also consider that the people that is developing the software themselves
might be interested in producing their modules and a customized version
of dyne:bolic, since it is so easy by now and then they can even sell
their own liveCD being sure to rely on a framework that is mantained by
dyne.org.

besides all that, i will for sure be updating and producing modules i
use for myself and the people i collaborate with, i'll just stop doing
it for software i'm not involved with.

ciao

- --
(_ jaromil _)(_ http://korova.dyne.org _)