:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Still on installin…
Author: stomfisite
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Still on installing additional software: nest/usr or nest/usr/local?
That is how the hard disk dock - modules directory works. I have
1.5GB of extra software in my hard drive modules directory that has
all been squashed with the SDK, and gets loaded (mounted in a loop
device) on each CD boot.

Or are you trying to be clever and put it into the nest image
without squashing? Does this perform better?

If performance is not gained as above, I prefer the /opt modules as
these give me somewhere to add the app to the menu.
Plus I can have different docks on other partitions or machines for
completely different overall functionality. I have these docks saved
on a DVD or multiple CDs so I can load them onto a /dyne folder on a
target machine.

Hope this helps.