:: [dyne:bolic] Still on installing ad…
Author: Bryan
To: dynebolic
Subject: [dyne:bolic] Still on installing additional software: nest/usr or nest/usr/local?
Picking up the thread again on installing additional software:

I downloaded the source of some software, built it and installed it
locally. To run it, I have to cd to the directory in which I have it
installed and then type the name of the program.

I read that copying the program to /usr or /usr/local in the nest would
make it freely accessible. So no more cd-ing to the workdirectory.

Both directories are not available in the nest. I created them but the
program is still not recognised. What am I missing here?

Bryan
06 - 246 97 088
"Er wordt hier veels te abstract gedingest!"