:: [dyne:bolic] RE : No output on USB…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Thibault Le Meur
À: 'dynebolic mailinglist'
Anciens-sujets: [dyne:bolic] No output on USB soundcard
Sujet: [dyne:bolic] RE : No output on USB soundcard

^>
> I just downloaded the latest version of dyne:bolic and it's
> really a great live CD. With firmwareloaders from
> http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/ I got my M-Audio transit
> USB soundcard recognized and hot-plug-able. I can now start
> jack with hw:1 without getting any errors. But if I playback
> anything, now sound is coming. I can record through the input
> of the card, restart jack with my built-in sound-card (hw:0)
> and listen to the recorded sound. So the card is working, and
> recognized perfectly. Without jack, using oss (audacity) or
> alsa (amarok) i also cannot get any output sound, but no
> error message is coming. The software plays all files, as if
> there was no problem.
>
> Does anyone have an Idea?

I've got a M-Audio Audiophile USB and the device mapping is "strange":
If my device is index 1, then hw:1,0 is analog output in playback mode, but
Digital Input in capture mode and hw:1,1 is digital output in playback mode,
but Analog input in capture mode.

Can you check that you don't have subdevices on this sound card: check the
"aplay -v" result ?

HTH,
Thibault