:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Computer won't boo…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ricardo
Betreff: Re: [dyne:bolic] Computer won't boot after using dyne
Olá,

      Thanks a lot for the answers. I did what Martin said but it didn't work. So I tried to use dyne:bolic without any HDs connected to see if they could be the problem, but I still couldn't reboot the system without removing the power cable for a while. After doing that, I docked dyne on a partition, edited grub to boot the distro without CD, unplugged the DVD drive (have only one) and started the system (thought that drive could be the answer), but it didn't help. Conclusion: I think the problem aren't the drives. Maybe it has something to do with the memory, then what I see when the boot hangs are the following lines:

    PC2-4300 Dual Channel Interleaved
    Checking NVRAM
    Initializing USB Controllers .. Done

After that it should appear:

    1024MB Ok
    Auto-detecting primary master .....

Any ideas?

       Ricardo

Martin Breguet <martinbreguet@???> escreveu: You might need to shut down the pc, open it, unplug your hard
drive(s), and boot your pc like this. Of course, after the POST, there
won't be no boot, since the hdd is unplugged. Now you shut down again,
and plug the hdd back. Boot, and you shouldn't have any more
problem...
M.