:: [dyne:bolic] -how to nest on a USB …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Martin Breguet
To: dynebolic
Betreff: [dyne:bolic] -how to nest on a USB pendrive ?
Hi fellow Dyne users !

I am enjoying a lot Dyne 2.2, it is a mighty fine distro, and I am
learning new tricks as I use it.

Thanks to Markus, on this mailing-list, I learned how to sucessfully
nest on the hdd : follow the nesting procedure, with the "configure"
panel, and before shutting down the PC, open the menu, under
"desktop", click on "Save Session".

It works just fine !

Now, I wish I could find the trick to nest on my USB pendrive... I
have been experimenting, and at first, it looks like it's working, you
nest successfully, reboot, choose to activate the nest, but then, many
errors, it says "operation failed".... It doesn't even boot... One has
to manually reboot with the reset button...

I am sure there's a way around it... Maybe some fellow Dyne user can
give me a good advice, it will be very welcome...

For now, my goal is to have the Dyne CD in my back-pocket, together
with my USB pendrive, so I can boot in any PC and have my personal
desktop ready...

Amistades,

M.