:: Re: [Bricolabs] a question for bric…
Author: Jaromil
New-Topics: [Bricolabs] burning question about Mediawiki
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] a question for brico list

... links to interesting places ...

Another announcement mailinglist, mainly European scene, is Spectre,
very good in its genre, a reincarnation of the older syndicate...

there you find lots of announcements... you'll see what I mean. I
like Spectre and I think Andreas Broeckmann has done a great work in
networking and still moderating it to an acceptable level of info.

However I think that what we really missed at the time we started
bricolabs was a discussion list, while the danger to create another
announcement mailinglist was immediately behind the corner with the
usual suspects cc'ing their own initiatives here too... made me bark.

well, to those now trying hard to make their cozy heads-up posts
looking like announcements: no they are not! :^) I'm not (just)
complaining about personal advertisement, but referring to
announcements with marketing language used in the fast-food of
culture, art & science, texts written by corporate communication
operators... if you don't know what I mean then... oh dear reader, you
should be always so lucky!

Mailinglists aren't the best medium for announcements anyway: most
mails are in html anyway, but then they aren't on the web and they
don't help aggregation... better to use a blog and aggregate via
Planets, like http://planet.bricolabs.net or http://planet.dyne.org
(IMHO)

ciao