:: [DNG] Fwd: trouble with refracta i…
Author: . fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Fwd: trouble with refracta installer
I think I need to see the installation log to figure out some of this
stuff. It should be in your home directory in the installed system. If you
ran the cli version of refracta installer without using the -d/--debug
option, the log will be useless. The graphical version makes a verbose log
by default.

You should use the efi partition on the first hard drive. If you installed
the bootloader to the one on the second drive, you probably need to change
the order of the drives in the bios.

I don't know what you mean about booting to maintenance mode and refracta
recognizing the root password. The boot menu of the installed system
should have a boot option for recovery mode under the Advanced options. The
live isos don't have the extra boot options that the installer isos have
for booting to a shell in the installed system or reinstalling the
bootloader.

If you really have a partition 100, then I apologize. I didn't expect
anyone to go over 99. Although that shouldn't matter for selecting an
existing swap partition, because the script uses blkid for that. The root,
boot and home partitions use 'find' and the pattern for nvme is
nvme[0-9]n[0-9]p[1-99].

Refractainstaller does not partition the drive, but it will format the
partitions unless you tell it not to. It's a checkbox in the graphical
installer and for the cli installer it's a config file option.

I don't understand your question about the default choice of N(o) on
selecting a partition for root. There shouldn't be any partitions selected
by default. The installer doesn't know where to put stuff until you tell it.

fsmithred