:: Re: [DNG] CUPS and Canon LBP series…
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] CUPS and Canon LBP series network printers (CAPS)
On Sat, 12 Oct 2024 20:51:19 +0900
Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> terryc <terryc@???> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 9 Oct 2024 08:24:38 +0200
> > Johan Helsingius via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Terryc,

> >> As in literally "IPv4" or with an IP address?
> >
> > With the actual IPv4 address 192.168.x.y (redacted of course)

> > and the actual Mac address

> > and I have no idea where that number comes from
>
> Smells like the device's serial number so you can use more than one
> and still tell them apart.

That make sense, but it isn't a direct cut, but most likely a hash
of sorts. Unfortunately my hex and oct is laborious these days and
nothing stands out.

In truth to get it working, I laboriously worked through all the
possible options and just kept the ones that worked best.

Too many options confuse the user(sigh).

terryc

Makes sens