:: Re: [DNG] Sharing mob phone dataRe:…
Author: Tim Wallace
To: dng@lists.dyne.org, terryc
Subject: Re: [DNG] Sharing mob phone dataRe: Web server [ was Re: Learning C (books) ]
I use the jmtpfs command (FUSE filesystem) to mount my Pixel phones.  Not the fastest in the world, but works pretty well if the cable is tight!  (I often give it a twist to help things out).
--Tim

    On Monday, October 7, 2024 at 09:19:33 PM EDT, terryc <terryc@???> wrote:

On Mon, 7 Oct 2024 15:58:17 +0200
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

> Le 07/10/2024 à 12:57, Nick via Dng a écrit :
> > Just curiosity but what is so special that you are writing a
> > complete new web server for it?
>
>      My initial goal was to upload files from my smartphone (I bought
> my 1st one 1 year ago) to my laptop. You know that smartphones are
> producers of images files. I do not like extracting and inserting the
> SD card: it is delicate and likely to break something.

Just an observation, but I understand that some "(not so)smart phones"
may share their data storage via their USB socket.The problem then seems
to be finding a driver to mount the storage.