:: Re: [DNG] Questions re: nut (ups mo…
Página Inicial
Autor: terryc
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Questions re: nut (ups monitoring)
On Thu, 3 Oct 2024 06:43:52 -0500
o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> The major weirdness is the apt does not find the software.
>
> # apt install nut nut-client nut-server
> E: Unable to locate package nut
> E: Unable to locate package nut-client
> E: Unable to locate package nut-server

It is there as I've installed it recently.

> so how do I get the software from the repository?

sudo apt install nut-client and
sudo apt nut-server both say they are the latest.
Temporary glitch?
tgrh aptitude search ups-monitor.
It is currently listing nuts-client and apcupsd

> I have 2 different upses (same model) to provide some power security
> for my various systems.
> Which is best practice - - - connect both upses to one system and
> monitor from that or is there another option for best practice?

If you are monitoring, does it matter?
They are really on ly supposed to provide a smooth shutdown or
changeover to a gennerator.

FWIW, the APC 1600 for my main system only gives me 1hour uptime.
No outside indicator except nagging beep becomes more insistent for the
last few minutes.

The Cyber Power 1600 gave 7hours supplying the internet link (Fibre
NTD, router and POE switch) and two telephones.
It has a nice shrinking display that gives you some idea of
duration/time left.

I really wantto source a brand/model that takes deep cycle lead acid or
AGM batteries rather than SLA both of the above are packed with.

terryc.

Thankfully the Cyber Power has