:: Re: [DNG] unresponsive machine
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] unresponsive machine
On Sat, Sep 28, 2024 at 10:40:58PM +1000, nick wrote:

> the OOM killer fills me with dread,

I would so love a feature that would allow me to tell
the OOM killer that whenever it is invoked it should
just kill any process running firefox-esr. It should
consider other processes only if firefox-esr is not
running.

Apparently something like that was once proposed, but
it is not now available.

Other mechanisms for nominating processes ahead of time
exist, but they require that one provide the process id
number, which is not available at startup time.

-- hendrik