:: Re: [DNG] Disabling touchpad [was S…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Bob Proulx
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Disabling touchpad [was So what desktop...]
ael wrote:
> Didier Kryn wrote:
> > Some people expressed the concern that they don't use their touchpad but
> > unvountarily touch it and get the cursor moved in the wild.
>
> xserver-xorg-input-synaptics includes syndaemon which includes the
> standard way to solve the problem: from the man page
> (I find 1 second is just right..)

+1 for the syndaemon.

I kept increasing the idle time because it was never long enough for
me when I would pause to think about some bit of code or something. I
am now up to 20 seconds. I am now starting syndaemon in my start up
file (~/.xsessionrc for most DE users) like this.

    syndaemon -i 20 -k -p $HOME/var/run/syndaemon.pid -d && chmod go-w $HOME/var/run/syndaemon.pid

I am using the pid file. That's optional of course. I recall it
resets umask and therefore I do a permission fixup. YMMV.

Bob