:: Re: [Bricolabs] After the call
Página Inicial
Autor: James Wallbank
Para: Bricolabs
Assunto: Re: [Bricolabs] After the call
Great to see you again, Rob!

One thing I'd like to follow up—you called, several times, for us to start
to "package the story" and "sell the story" of critical engagement with
technology.

But I think it's worthwhile considering the objectives of our
communications. Who are the audience? What are the changes we want to
effect?

On the one hand, I can see it might be advantageous to communicate with the
grassroots: activists, cultural workers, students, makers and hackers. But
on the other hand, there are reasons why we might want to communicate with
centres of power: tech companies, policy makers, government agencies and so
on.

Perhaps we want to do do both—but if so, we need to be very careful that we
tailor what we say so that it fits the audience.

What do you see as the audience?

What's the objective?

Cheers,

James