:: Re: [DNG] custom initramfs, was: R…
Página Principal
Autor: Antoine
Para: Dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] custom initramfs, was: Re: Premounting a partition other than /usr
On Saturday, 21 September at 17:18, Gregory Nowak via Dng wrote:
>Since we're getting into building custom initramfs ... Is there a
>script somewhere which can figure out the dependencies for a debian
>package, and include them into the initramfs? Specifically in my case
>alsa-utils, espeak-ng, and espeakup. Having software speech as soon as
>the kernel and initramfs loads before / is mounted would be awesome!
>Also, I seem to recall there was a limit a number of years ago on how
>big the initramfs could be. Is that still a limitation? Thanks.
>
>Greg

I've built a few custom initramfs files, and while I haven't streamlined
it all into a script, I work dependencies out by running

     ldd <binary>

This gives a list af all the required lib files for any given binary.

You could probably automate this step with something like

     ldd <binary>|awk '/=>/ {print $3}'

As to the size: initrd files had a size constraint, but initramfs files
do not. Maybe this is what you heard?

- Antoine

--
Logic will get you from A to B.