:: Re: [devuan-dev] No login package i…
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] No login package in excalibur? Why?
Hi Mark,

Mark Hindley <mark@???> writes:

> Olaf,
>
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2024 at 07:52:18PM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Our devuan/migrated:excalibur-slim Docker image builds have been failing
>> since 2024-08-28 with
>>
>> E: Release 'excalibur' for 'login' was not found
>
> Debian has changed to use the login implementation from src:util-linux rather
> than src:shadow. But util-linux is forked and the arm32 builds failed so it
> hasn't migrated.

Thanks for the explanation. Pondering that ...

I'm not sure if build failures on one architecture should prevent
packages of Priority: required from migrating to testing on other
architectures. More so if the package has disappeared in testing
for whatever reason.

Yes, I realize that such build failures can be due to a real problem
that also exist on other architectures but if there have been no bug
reports then I guess it should be okay to migrate. Not?

> I built a new version of util-linux this morning. I will hint britney to migrate
> it immediately. That should resolve things. Let me know.

New devuan/migrated images were built and published on 2024-09-11 for
all of daedalus, excalibur and ceres. These images were subsequently
used to rebuild their devuan/devuan counterparts.

Issue resolved!
--
Olaf Meeuwissen