:: Re: [DNG] Why use Exim?
Author: tito
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why use Exim?
On Sun, 1 Sep 2024 20:32:32 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
Kevin Chadwick via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> 1 Sept 2024 07:54:53 tito via Dng <dng@???>:
>
> > Yes,  I fully agree. The first thing I do when setting up a new box
> > is to remove the installed MTA (usually exim) and install postfix
>
> Postfix is definitely more secure. Does the local system need an MTA or can you just disable Exim without replacing it on an average system with one person using it?

I think it does need one MTA as long as you setup some monitoring software like smartd, logcheck, mdadm, cron-apt that sends you emails to your local account
or forwarded root account or acts as a relayhost to send you mail to other email accounts (or if you are paranoid does both), otherwise all you need is a mail client
or a browser.

Ciao,
Tito