:: Re: [DNG] Why use Exim?
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Martin Steigerwald
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Why use Exim?
Hi Steve.

Steve Litt - 31.08.24, 16:12:00 CEST:
> Several disadvantages of Exim were discussed in a different thread. So
> my question: Why use Exim instead of Postfix or Qmail?

This evades me. I have no idea.

First thing with any new installation that has Exim on it is to replace it
by Postfix.

I once heard from someone preferring and using Exim that it would be
possible to configure it in a more flexible way.

I don't know. Whatever I needed so far I could also do with Postfix.
Combined with rspamd and Dovecot it is a complete mail server solution for
me. Running inside an Incus container on a Devuan based server. The
container itself is running Alpine Linux. Works like a charm and I see no
reason to change it.

Best,
--
Martin