:: Re: [DNG] Changing repository used
Author: onefang
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Changing repository used
On 2024-08-28 10:25:09, onefang wrote:
> On 2024-08-27 18:03:11, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
> >    Greetings
> >    One one of my boxes I have been having issues getting this updated using
> >    apt.
> >    Mr Tom has been helping me clean up issues with x2go but that is still an
> >    ongoing problem
> >    For updating this is what's in the  sources.list file:
> >    >deb [1]http://deb.devuan.org/merged daedalus-security main contrib
> >    non-free
> >    >deb-src [2]http://deb.devuan.org/merged daedalus-security main contrib
> >    non-free
> >    I am also seeing this on occasion:
> >    >Err:7 [3]http://deb.devuan.org/merged daedalus-backports InRelease
> >    > Temporary failure resolving '[4]deb.devuan.org'

> deb.devuan.org is a DNS round robin that spreads the load across several
> of our package mirrors. The actual IPs used for this don't change very
> often, but did change last weekend, coz I was moving my server to a
> different location, so it's IP changed. Shouldn't cause any issues with
> resolving though, so that sounds like a DNS problem near your end.
>
> >    Is there a phrase or some code that can be added to apt  to get it to use
> >    a different repository?

> Pick one from https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/mirror_list.txt and looking at
> http://veritas.devuan.org/apt-panopticon/results/Report-web.html might
> help you choose one.
>
> In /etc/sources.list change deb.devuan.org to the BaseURL of the chosen mirror.
>
> So, using the mirror at the top of that list (mine BTW), your
> sources.list would become -
>
> deb [1]http://sledjhamr.org/devuan/merged daedalus-security main contrib non-free
> deb-src [2]http://sledjhamr.org/devuan/merged daedalus-security main contrib non-free

Oops, ignore the [1] and [2], I was copy pasting from the lines you
posted, but forgot that my email client numbers any URL it spots, so I
can get a menu of them to load into my web browser. Should have been -

deb http://sledjhamr.org/devuan/merged daedalus-security main contrib non-free
deb-src http://sledjhamr.org/devuan/merged daedalus-security main contrib non-free